For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve.
We owe a deep debt of gratitude to Adam, the first great benefactor of the human race: he brought death into the world.
Action may not always bring happiness but there is no happiness without action.
Don't ask me who's influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all my life.
I really think that effective acting has to do literally with the movement of molecules.
Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
In my hut this spring, there is nothing -- there is everything!
Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.
To advise is easier than to help.
For what is liberty but the unhampered translation of will into act?
A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age he dies of being a man.
But what is all this fear of and opposition to Oblivion? What is the matter with the soft Darkness, the Dreamless Sleep?
Men's actions are too strong for them. Show me a man who has acted, and who has not been the victim and slave of his action.
It is he who has broken the bond of marriage -- not I. I only break its bondage.