I'm crossposting this to mu.vms because this really isn't a modem problem..

> mail messages, which I can't even download because the temp files can't be
> created. And you can't use acuired space for this purpose. To get these
files,

I've had no problem extracting large mail files to temp space. In fact, I
regularly do this to archive my old mail when my space runs out as well.
Typically, I move all the messages I want to download into a single folder, and
then do an EXTRACT/ALL temp:mail.txt  -- this will put my mail into my acquired
space, where I can then download it. Is this the process you're using?

James
James McCutcheon --- JRMCCUTCHEON@MIAVX1
How can you tell a chemical fire from an electrical fire?
          With a fire distinguisher, of course!