Hi again,

        I did some experiments with different combinations of events with
NetNews.  It appears to be keeping the changes I make to it.  I tried running
it several time in succession without logging off and received only the
registerd group.  I also received the same result after logging off and logging
back on.
        So, I'm not really sure why this happened.  It may have been something
I typed wrong.  Oh well, sorry about the previous post.

                                                                Jon