ATEG Archives

July 2011

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:06:27 -0700
Mark,

Yes, I know. I wasn't criticizing you, but I was curious as to why no one
had commented on that particular comment until now.

Paul

P.S. Thanks for the quote from a great Irishman; here's one from a talented
Englishman: "Tis well enough for a servant to be bred at an University. But the
education is a little too pedantic for a gentleman" (Congreve, William. Love for
Love 5.3).
 "If this were play'd upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable
fiction" (_Twelfth Night_ 3.4.127-128).