ATEG Archives

October 2007

From:
Nancy Tuten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:03:53 -0400
With British typesetting, putting periods and commas outside doesn't look as
awkward because British writers usually use single quotation marks where we
use doubles (and vice versa).

Nancy L. Tuten, PhD

Professor of English

Director of the Writing-across-the-Curriculum Program

Columbia College

Columbia, South Carolina

803-786-3706

  _____