ATEG Archives

July 2001

From:
Ben Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:24:51 -0500
I think there's a general paranoia about misusing "me" for "I", so
people tend to overcompensate and say "you and I" no matter what the
case. But in reality,
(1) You and I went to the ballgame.
But...
(2) Barry Bonds gave the autographed baseball to you and me.

Also, a really funny thing to say (because not many people say it
correctly):

"Are these the papers you need me to grade?"
"Yes, these are they."

Peace,
Ben