ATEG Archives

November 2009

From:
Erin Karl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:05:58 -0800
Do you mean that in those sentence examples your college students would say that Monday, north, etc., are adverbs?  Good grief!  That's what you get when the focus of grammar instruction is completely on the "definition" of the parts of speech and that's it.

I have seen plenty of texts and curricula do that, but I know of at least one (mine) that doesn't.

Erin