ATEG Archives

December 2006

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 06:51:46 -0800
Also, I'd recommend Traugott & Pratt, Linguistics for Students of Literature (Harcourt Brace, 1980) as a starting point. There are numerous good texts by Roger Fowler, too. Two excellent articles areRichard Ohmann's "Language as Sentences" and "Literature as Act," or anything else by him. If you're using Shakespeare, I'd highly recommend John Porter Houston's Shakespearean Sentences: A Study in Style and Syntax. Lousianna State UP, 1988.

Let me know if you find anything else of interest; this is one of my pet interests.

Paul D.