ATEG Archives

February 2005

From:
Christine Reintjes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:40:42 +0000
Bruce,

I agree that it the distinction is fuzzy or imagined, but isn't that often
the nature of language?

Thanks for your explanation. Let's see if I understood it. I'm a baby
linguist.

I noticed that he curtains were always closed whenever I visited the
reclusive artist.
This is a gradable adjective with an adverb or extent.

Now I'm trying to use curtains and closed in a passive construction and my
mind is blank. Can anyone help?

Christine Martin

--

Christine Reintjes Martin