ATEG Archives

December 2008

From:
Bruce Despain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:54:39 -0700
I find myself making this same sort of mistake.  My intuition is that my mind has changed course part-way through the sentence -- it's too long for short-term memory.  I discover the mistake on a re-reading of the first draft and have to rewrite it.  Maybe the students don't take the time to do more than a first draft of their writing.  I think, at least at my stage of writing skills, it is simply carelessness.  Maybe we are overanalyzing this one.

Bruce