ATEG Archives

July 2006

From:
"Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:14:35 -0400
As someone who has not participated in this unfortunate "discussion," I
want to express my appreciation for Joanna's contributions to this list,
which I have found exceptionally informative.

As for her detractor(s?), there is no conducting a civil discourse with
some people, and efforts to reply reasonably only result in escalating
craziness. I strongly urge that we bring an end to this pettiness. The
only way to do that is to resolutely ignore posts from such people. Just
do not reply, no matter how provoking the comments. Just do not reply.

Maybe then we can get back to talking about grammar.

Dick Veit