ATEG Archives

February 2008

From:
Cynthia Baird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:40:30 -0800

Brad Johnston <[log in to unmask]> wrote:    Hey, Grammarians,

  (This may not work unless you're set for "color & graphics" instead of "plain text".)

  Someone fill this in for me, will you please? I'll show you something that will interest you.

  Let's say, "several someones", please fill this in for me; enough to get a fix, and send it back to [log in to unmask] I'll sort 'em out and put it back on the listserv, without identifying who said what, although I'd be surprised if there is not unanimity. But anything's possible, so let's have a look.

  .brad.sun.03feb08.

  Fill in the blanks or else give me the words with the numbers, if you like.

    1
  They ______ (be) amazed. They _____ (hear, never) of this song.
 [input]

    2
  If only she (keep) quiet! (referring to the past)
 [input]

    3
  John _____ (be) upset because his application _____ (be) turned down.
 [input]

    4
  I ________ (never, eat) such a huge pizza before I ___________ (go) to Italy.
 [input]

    5
  By the time his heart _______ (be) transplanted, he ____________ (undergo) many medical procedures.
 [input]

    6
  After I __________ (do) the washing-up, I _______ (watch) my favorite TV program.
 [input]

    7
  The show _________ (already, start) when we ________ (arrive).
 [input]

  Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"   Visit ATEG's web site at http://ateg.org/