ATEG Archives

August 2006

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:58:47 -0400
I use a 16th c. poem in some of my grammar classes, Sir Philip Sydney's "With how sad steps", partly because it contains structures students aren't familiar with and don't know how to interpret.  The grammatical analysis of these structures helps them to work through other unfamiliar and complex structures.

Herb