ATEG Archives

May 2009

From:
Susan van Druten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 08:40:34 -0500
Craig, I'm still not clear on where you stand.  Do you still believe
it is bad practice for a teacher to show students various ways to
start sentences?  Is it harmful to have them try changing up
sentences on a worksheet?  (I don't know how you got the idea that I
was requiring them to vary every start in their own essays.)

I enjoy the spirit of the conversation.  Just because I thought you
were dismissing my argument and called you on it doesn't mean I am
not enjoying myself.

Susan