ATEG Archives

April 2009

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:00:40 -0400
Edgar,
   And what could be better than the last two lines of Stevens' "The Snow
Man"?

"And, nothing himself, beholds
Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is."

I also couldn't help myself in thinking of replacing Teddy Roosevelt's
famous "walk softly" statement with "tiptoe". "Tiptoe, but carry a big
stick." I don't mean that as a disparagement of the advice. It helps to
remember that, at some level, there are no synonyms.

Craig>

All,