ATEG Archives

December 1997

From:
Jim Dubinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 18:55:51 -0500
-------------------
My responses never seem to make it out of my computer, but I will try on
this one again.  Hurray for Martha on the subject of teaching grammar.
Erik, we are not about just stringing together a sentence that is
compreshensible.  I have had graduate students in English intern with me
in a rhetorical approach to grammar course who have commented on how much
they learned about writing and how much their writing had improved.  They
are now back at the University of Washington telling their classmates that
they need to learn grammar!