ATEG Archives

August 2006

From:
Rebecca Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:56:30 -0500

On Aug 31, 2006, at 6:26 AM, Eduard C. Hanganu wrote:

> elementary TESOL education

Have any of you seen "Project Read" (apologies to the author, whose
name escapes me)?  It will jangle Johanna's nerves (it gives examples
of words which are NOUNS, VERBS, etc.).  The sentence is underlined
with either an "x", "!" or "?" at the end to indicate what type of
sentence it is.  The initial letter receives a big, inverted "V",
indicating the the initial letter of any type of sentence is ALWAYS
capitalized.  After that, each part of speech (elementary analysis!)
is captured using distinct marks.  Visually, it is easy to see and
learn.  And the different marks are easy to learn.  My True Beginning
IEP students loved seeing how a sentence (again, elementary) is put
together.  Lots of "AHHHH!".

Rebecca Watson