ATEG Archives

May 2009

Date:
Sat, 30 May 2009 17:24:47 -0400

N. Scott Catledge, PhD/STD

  _____

From: Brad Johnston [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:42 PM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: Class size

My alma mater, whose regular Freshman English program I have praised highly,
had a secondary program in basic writing skills for those who (had) failed
the English placement exam. I (had) scored a 100 in the exam but my advisor
(had) accidentally put my test in the "Dummy English" pile; therefore, I had
to take a non-credit English class on the same semester as my first Freshman
English class. My advisor apologized to me later but I replied that I (had)
learned more in Dummy English than in regular English because the class size
was quite small--around ten students--and we wrote a theme each day instead
of one a week.

~~~~~~~~

Brad,

The writer of the above