ATEG Archives

February 2018

From:
John Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:53:13 -0500
A former student of mine is studying for the GMAT and is struggling with
the sentence structure section.  She sent me a sample from the practice
test.  Not only did I miss it, but I disagree with the answer that was
given.  What is your take?

The World Wildlife Fund has declared that global warming, *a phenomenon
most scientists agree to be caused by human beings in burning fossil
fuels*,will
create havoc among migratory birds by altering the environment in ways
harmful to their habitats. A. a phenomenon most scientists agree to be
caused by human beings in burning fossil fuels, B. a phenomenon most
scientists agree that is caused by fossil fuels burned by human beings, C.
a phenomenon that most scientists agree is caused by human beings' burning
of fossil fuels, D. which most scientists agree on as a phenomenon caused
by human beings who burn fossil fuels, E. which most scientists agree to be
a phenomenon caused by fossil fuels burned by human beings,