ATEG Archives

July 2014

From:
Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:55:27 -0500
PPS: The reason I'm requesting this review is that it seems incumbent on the country's only professional association of grammar teachers to comment on this phenomenon (which is why I'm also requesting some thoughts on the prior grammar champ - Schoolhouse Rock).

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:49:01 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Weird Al and Schoolhouse Rock
To: [log in to unmask]

Can I get an intrepid volunteer to write a review of Weird Al's latest grammar song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc - and perhaps throw in a thought or two about Schoolhouse Rock. There has been at least a couple of recent posts from academics about Al - see Lucy Ferris in Chronicle (http://chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/2014/07/22/word-pardons/?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en) and Lauren Squires on UPenn's Language Log (http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=13521%29)?
If you can get me something by the end of August or even into September, that would be great.

PS: Here's another post from Ed Week just to inspire you -

http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/teaching_now/2014/07/let_weird_al_teach_your_students_grammar.html?cmp=ENL-EU-MOSTPOP