ATEG Archives

October 1996

From:
Larry Beason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 13:00:03 -0800
We have a course, Grammar for Teachers, required of almost all English
majors.  The argument we used was fairly simple: the English students who
graduated from our school--especially those who went on to teach English
K-12 (the vast majority of our majors)--said they needed it.  You might
conduct a poll and gather some data to see if you'd have similar results.

Larry Beason,Director
English Composition Program
Dept. of English
Eastern Washington University