ATEG Archives

March 2015

From:
Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2015 22:07:01 -0500
Yes - I can get a review copy from the publisher. Now all we need is who to send it to.

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:58:19 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New book on metalinguistic awareness
To: [log in to unmask]

    I'll defer to Herb. He saw it first.
      The book is expensive. Would the publisher send him a copy for
      review?

      Herb -- What is SinS?

      Mike

      Which one of you guys is going to volunteer to
        review the book for ATEG Journal? Or you can both review it in a
        joint contribution.

          Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:20:23 -0400

          From: [log in to unmask]

          Subject: New book on metalinguistic awareness

          To: [log in to unmask]

          Herb

            Thanks for the notice about the new book. It certainly looks
            interesting. A related book that I would recommend is Roehr
            and Ganem-Gutierrez's "The Metalinguistic Dimension in
            Instructed Second Language Learning" that came out in 2013.
            Applied linguistics deals a lot with metalinguistic
            awareness in teaching a second language.

            Mike

            Has anyone seen this book?  It looks worth a review in SinS.

Herb