ATEG Archives

September 2008

From:
stacy bracher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:59:29 -0400
I'm a grammar enthusiast (since jr. high), a young English teacher, and more of a lurker than a joiner, but, can I just say, AMEN BROTHER!  Thank you for finally saying that. That guy sure knows how to stir it!
Stacy Bracher

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:36:44 -0400From: [log in to unmask]: Just say NO!To: [log in to unmask]

We’ve gone through cycles and cycles of this past-perfect idiocy over the past year. Isn’t it clear to everyone by now that Brad Johnson is (1) obsessed beyond reason, (2) impervious to reasoning, pleas, and sarcasm, and (3) delighted when people respond so he can keep this useless discussion going forever?

We’re all sick to death of it, and there is only one way to end it, short of removing him from the list (which I would support): JUST DON’T REPLY!

Don’t let yourself be provoked by him, because he will try. Replying does no good—in fact, is counterproductive—so don’t reply. Just don’t.

Richard VeitDepartment of EnglishUniversity of North Carolina Wilmington
Visit ATEG's web site at http://ateg.org/ To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"