ATEG Archives

February 2010

From:
Webmail bdespain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 2010 06:41:55 -0700
It seems like the common feature of the mondegreens mentioned is that they
involve a phantom individual -- someone who exists only in the mind of the
interpreter and never intended by the author.  Is this a coincidence or is
this feature essential?  Are there examples of other such misinterpretations
that do not involve imaginary creatures?

Bruce