ATEG Archives

October 2007

From:
Ronald Sheen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:35:37 -0700
By the way, Christine, you might contact Bob Yates off-List.  He alerted me and the List to the presence of PVs in a number of languages and clearly knows more about them than I do.

Ron.
    Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:41:16 -0700
    From: [log in to unmask]
    To: [log in to unmask]

    Hi Christine,

    I am not aware of any.   No, French does not have any.  One does, however, find some forms of French in Canada, particularly New Brunswick, which combine a French verb such as 'venir' with 'back'.

    Do you teach ESL to francophones?   If so where?   And if so, how do you handle faux amis?

    Bye, Ron.
    .