ATEG Archives

December 2010

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:16:13 -0500
TJ,

We had a discussion of the nominative absolute sometime back that you may be able to find in the archive.  Denis Baron wrote several pieces on the NA on his blog Web of Language when the Supreme Court was considering the DC handgun ban.  The most relevant of them is at http://illinois.edu/db/view/25/3721?count=1&amp;ACTION=DIALOG, but you’ll find several others on his index if you search “Second Amendment.”  The five justices opposing the ban disagreed with the linguists who filed an amicus brief on the matter.

Herb

From: Brad Johnston <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Thursday, December 23, 2010 20:29

To: [log in to unmask]