ATEG Archives

February 2008

From:
"Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:49:59 -0500
Craig,

Would all of these be noun phrases functioning adverbially? (This is a
genuine question, not a challenge.)

He arrives a week from Thursday.

He arrives Thursday.

He arrives this afternoon.

He arrives tomorrow.

He arrives today.

He arrives now.

The first three seem to be noun phrases, but what about the last three?

Dick Veit

Richard Veit
Department of English
University of North Carolina Wilmington