ATEG Archives

February 2016

From:
Kathleen Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:22:36 -0800
I would think that this is sentence contains an infinitive clause,  "almost
to have planned his entrance,"  functioning as the complement to the main
verb, "seems."

It's also an example how awkward a sentence can be when you are bound and
determined not to split the infinitive "to have planned" with the adverb
"almost."

Kathleen Ward