ATEG Archives

August 2006

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:34:47 -0700
At least you didn't write 'sight'!

To clarify, I meant that the standards were slipping, not the NY Times itself
(their reputation still holds well with me). However, I'll try to dig up a
couple of examples (I usually don't save them., so it may take me some time).
Also, I am aware of the phenomenon you mention. Swift and Pope and Defoe all
fell prey to it centuries ago.

Paul D.