ATEG Archives

September 2006

From:
Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:08:29 -0500
The problem is that unless it's a subject matter course - i.e., something
called "Grammar" - then a certified teacher isn't required.  Any old English
teacher will do, unlike, for example, a course called "Journalism" or
"Reading" or "Drama" where there can be certification required in the
content area.  And with respect to the SAT/ACT, there really aren't any
grammar questions per se.