ATEG Archives

October 2014

From:
Linda Di Desidero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:43:51 -0400
Hi everyone.

Here is a second email about the College English Association meeting in
Indianapolis at the end of March 2015.

I am suggesting the following two ATEG panels for the meeting. One is on
Grammar Feedback, and the other is on language usage/misusage. If anyone is
interested in putting together a 15-20 minute presentation for one of the
following panel ideas, let me know:

*Imagine Students Getting It: Effective Feedback on Grammar and Usage*:
 Teacher-panelists share strategies for giving students effective and
usable writing feedback about language, grammar, and usage.

*Imagining Structure and Meaning: Contemporary Language Usage and Misusage*:
 Panelists examine words and structures in contemporary media and
literature to analyze language change.

If you would like to put together an abstract for one of these panels, just
send me a rough title and 1-paragraph description of what you'd like to
speak about. I'll put the groups together, draft a proposal, and email you
before we submit anything.

Hope to see you at CEA!

Best--

Linda

www.cea-web.org

Linda Di Desidero, PhD

Director, Leadership Communication Skills Center

Marine Corps University

Gray Research Center, Room 122

Quantico, Virginia 22134

703-784-4401