ATEG Archives

March 2011

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:15:22 -0500
Bruce,
     The distinction between identifying and describing is not so easy
to pin down, and it would certainly be context dependent.

"I want a fast, classy looking, fuel efficient vehicle."
"The Zebra X is a fast, classy looking, fuel efficient vehicle."
In the first example, we have three identifying features. In the second,
all are describing.
I would use the same commas for both.

Craig