ATEG Archives

September 2011

From:
Dick Veit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:14:37 -0400
Marshall,

I am a fan of the serial comma. One of my books is *Writing, Reading, and
Research* (with the comma). It is more common in the US than the UK,
although the *AP Style Book* advises against it. Wikipedia offers a very
nice explanation <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma> of the
controversy, including pros and cons.

Dick