ATEG Archives

March 2015

Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2015 00:17:16 -0400
The abstracts for the conference below are now posted to their website. See

https://ngl.elc.msu.edu/index.cfm/main/index

Annual National Geographic Learning/Michigan State University Learning
Symposium
*/Grammar and the Four Skills: Exploration and Integration/*.

*Introduction*

The Michigan State University English Language Center is once again
partnering with National Geographic Learning, a part of Cengage
Learning, to host our Annual Learning Symposium for Great Lakes area
English language teaching professionals. With an emphasis on academic
English at the higher education level and highlighting a different theme
annually, our Learning Symposium offers attendees a unique opportunity
for focused professional development and collegial interaction.

*2015 Theme*

We are excited to announce this year’s theme: */Grammar and the Four
Skills: Exploration and Integration/*.

Grammar is often decontextualized and taught in isolation. However, more
contemporary models encourage integration with the four skills –
reading, writing, listening, and speaking – and distribution throughout
the curriculum. This has implications for nearly every aspect of a
program, including digital technology, assessment, and course planning.
As such, this year’s presentations will focus on links between grammar
and other aspects of ESL instruction.