ATEG Archives

March 2015

From:
Seth Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:57:37 -0500
Karl (and others):

Does labeling a verb as being in the active voice imply that it is
transitive, and therefore can be put in the passive voice?
That is, you can't put a non-accusative verb in the passive voice (e.g.
"The plan landed"); so can such a verb be properly said to be in the active
voice?
Or am I not understanding the notion of "voice" correctly?

Seth Katz

*Dr. Seth Katz*
*Associate **Professor*
*Associate Chair*