ATEG Archives

November 2008

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:38:31 -0800
Brad,

Please stop claiming that you agree with me when obviously, you don't!

For the record, I'd rather listen to Obama speak than Kissinger. On the other hand, I'd rather listen to Kissinger than Dubbya or Sarah Palin!! On the more than other hand, I'd rather listen to Laurence Olivier than any of these others -- especially if he's speaking words by Shakespeare. If you need someone who's still alive, then Maggie Smith or Alan Rickman might get my vote for my "druthers," but know that when I speak of my preferences (which appear to be decidedly British, I suppose), I am NOTclaiming anyone is best or even better than the others.

Finally, what has any of this discussion got to do with teaching grammar? Let those be my last words on this thread.

Paul