ATEG Archives

February 2018

From:
Nick Carbone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:03:25 -0500
I had to rule out A after watching the movie Dunkirk, which had a scene of
"human beings in burning fossil fuels" after an oil fire ignited crew
members of sinking ship.

So C for me. But I really don't like C.

The trouble with these kinds of questions is the need to come up with a
right answer and at least three distractors. That straight jacket makes it
clear that none of the solutions, including the right one, are fully
optimal.

They aren't optimal because the multiple choice question design does not
easily allow the answer to this question: what would a good copy editor do
with that sentence?

--
nick.carbone at gmail dot com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickcarbone/ <http://ncarbone.blogspot.com/>