ATEG Archives

January 2006

From:
Chuck Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:59:31 -0700
Colleagues,

I am conducting research on institutional experiences with offering dual-credit classes, particularly in college-level writing.  I am interested in knowing whether the increasing trend of offering college-level writing classes to high-school students to enable them to earn college credit during high school has influenced the degree to which students are adequately prepared for college writing classes.  I am also interested in any other experiences you may have had at your college pertaining to the effects (short- or long-term) of dual-enrollment writing classes on pedagogical trends, assessment practices/results, grading, student success in follow-on sequence courses, and so forth.  I appreciate any references to research on this subject members of ATEG might be aware of.

Thank you.
Chuck Fisher
Professor, English
Aims Community College