ATEG Archives

September 2007

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:29:25 -0700
DD is right to suggest that there are some students who will probably not pass (or, better, will "not perform to the norm"), but the suggestion to read the book "The Bell Curve" is a bit troublesome. That book is a truly political piece of writing designed to suggest that public education is a failure; it employs falacious logic and manipulates statistics with an anti public school agenda.

Also, in spite of our awareness that perhaps not all our students will achieve as we wish they would, our goal as teachers, it seems to me, is to strive for 100% success, anyway. Go for the gold!

Paul E. Doniger