ATEG Archives

September 2007

From:
Patricia Lafayllve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:33:01 -0400
Craig-

I am also working on how to word my pro-grammar feelings without being
terribly pendantic.  My current point-of-view holds that treating the
learning of SWE in the same vein as learning any foreign language will avoid
the stigma/politics of "correctness" and still allow for students to
understand that there are rules, they follow certain patterns, and that
these patterns can be similar to those they are already familiar with (aka
"Code Switching").  I'm developing my thoughts in order to create a college
composition class that focuses on writing AND uses grammar as one more tool
in the tool box.

-patty

  _____