ATEG Archives

September 2007

From:
Nancy Tuten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:31:18 -0400
Andrew,

At our small liberal arts institution, I teach the grammar class for all
English majors-including those in secondary ed-and a colleague teaches a
course on the history of the English language. My PhD is in American
literature, and hers is in British lit. We do not have anyone in our
department who specializes in linguistics. Interestingly, the person who is
currently running the secondary ed program for English majors has a PhD in
comp/rhetoric.

Nancy L. Tuten, PhD

Professor of English

Director of the Writing-across-the-Curriculum Program

Columbia College

Columbia, South Carolina

803-786-3706

  _____