ATEG Archives

October 2007

From:
Edgar Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:43:48 EDT
I believe you will find that American printers have been putting the
quotation marks OUTSIDE the period (and the comma) no matter what the quotes are
marking for many, many decades.   Check out books published in this country.
British usage is different---I guess you could say more logical.   They do what we
do with question marks and exclamation points.

Ed Schuster

 See what's new at
http://www.aol.com