ATEG Archives

February 2008

From:
Anthony DeFazio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:35:51 EST
I do not post much but I would be interested. I teach at a high school for
immigrant students in NYC and also adjunct at the Teacher Ed program at NYU.
Let  me know if I might fit the bill. Tony DeFazio

In a message dated 2/19/2008 5:49:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

ATEG  Members:
After three phone calls over a  month’s time, I cannot get the editor of the
Journal of ATEG to  respond.
So, I’m assuming we will  eventually need more book reviews. One is already
in the editor’s hands, but  we’ll need others later.
The book I have up for review now  is the second edition of Grammar
Demystified by Jonathan Price and  Jeanne Rodgers.
The book strikes me as one that  could be used in an elementary grammar
course, even in a high school English,  or a freshman composition course. In part,
it places emphasis on using grammar  as a way to explain certain writing
problems. I have two copies, one to give  away to the reviewer (you won’t have to
wait on the  publisher.).
I’d like very much to get a  reviewer who hasn’t reviewed for us before.
High school teachers and comp  teachers who use grammar to teach writing would
suit me  fine.
The review should be about two  double-spaced pages long. After I name the
reviewer, The two of us will work  together to get the review ready for the
journal.
Obviously, book reviews aren’t the  same as peer-reviewed articles, but
chairs and administrators usually see them  as a scholarly effort.
Let me hear from you if you are  interested.
Marshall  Myers
Book Review  Editor
Journal of the  Assembly of Teachers of English Grammar
p.s. If any of you members spot a  book we should review in the journal,
please let me know, and we’ll try to  accommodate.

To  join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface
at:  http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave
the  list"
Visit ATEG's web site at  http://ateg.org/

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)