ATEG Archives

September 2011

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 03:29:04 -0700
Herb,

Could you accept that form and content are so intertwined that neither one nor
the other is a "driving force" by itself? It seems to me that they both drive
each other. I really have a hard time separating meter from meaning (or vice
versa) here.

Paul
 "If this were play'd upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable
fiction" (_Twelfth Night_ 3.4.127-128).