SPEDNET Archives

November 2001

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alex Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:28:43 -0500
EDP 455/555 and EDP 476/576 Additions
        Many of you were unable to register for these two courses and
an additional section of each has been added at the same time as the
first session. When open registration resumes on Monday at 9:00 you
should be able to add those easily.

EDP 256 Addition
        We will be adding another EDP 256 class next week and it will
meet in the evening. Now I know  that about 15 people are on the
waiting list. The class will meet in the evening. We can add that
class any evening. If you are receiving this and you need to add EDP
256, let me know if there is an evening you absolutely have a
conflict. Sorry, being in a bowling league or availability of half
price wings do not constitute a conflict. If I get an overwhelming
"ycch" for one night we can place the class on another night. We will
add that class early next week so check Bannerweb on Wednesday.

EDP 497/597--repeated from last one. remember to change sections to
T/R if you can.
                Because of the large numbers signing up and the
limited availability, a section was added of EDP 497. When you signed
up, you were guaranteed to take EDP 497, NOT guaranteed to take it at
a certain time. Bottom line, we have a full class for the M/W and
many openings for T/R. There are some students who MUST do M/W since
they have a conflict at the other time and could not get in. Time for
volunteers. If you are currently in a M/W and can take a T/R, then
please do a drop/add (you can simply call me on the phone or email me
and I will take care of that for you). It benefits everyone if the
system  works out by itself without external intervention.

Spring Student Teaching Assignments
        There is a sign outside the Student Teaching Office stating
that placements will be available (for those finalized) after the
Thanksgiving break. Check with the Student Teaching Office (Room 205
McGuffey) when you return.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
        On the EDP website there is a section for FAQs regarding the
special education program. If you have a question not answered there,
please pass it along to me. I will answer, or more likely find out
how to answer it, and get back with you as well as add it to the FAQ
section.

Alex Thomas
Educational Psychology
Miami University