SPEDNET Archives

September 2001

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alex Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:24:40 -0400
INFO NEEDED:
        We need Info About YOU. We are updating our database and need
to better track your progress through the program so we can
anticipate methods, practicum and student teaching and associated
areas. Please press reply and answer the following questions or
complete the form attached and return via email or drop off in 201
McGuffey.

Name:
Are you a Pre-Major, Major, Minor w/lic, or Minor w/o:
What is/are your area(s) of concentration (ECIS, MM, MI, Gifted):
Current class rank:
Year admitted into Miami:
Expected semester and year of student teaching:
Expected semester and year of graduation:

Middle and Adolescent Methods Field Block
        If you are taking reading or math methods you will naturally
need to complete the field assignments associated with the methods
classes you are taking. However, you should not have to spend the
entire two weeks (or four weeks) in the field unless that is the time
it will take to complete your field assignments for the methods
classes you are taking. You should not miss any of your other classes
which may meet during the day. If you are having difficulty with
making these arrangements, please let me know. It is appropriate for
everyone to demonstrate in an applied setting what is taught during
the methods classes, whether the classes be EDP or EDT.

Remember---Student Teaching Applications for Spring 2002 Due Next Week

Questions
        Remember, if you have questions about schedules or your
program, Jean Sheran is available on Monday through Thursday for
consultation. Simply come down to 201 McGuffey and sign up for a time
on her door if she is not immediately available.

EDP 497 FOR SPRING 2002
                The EDP 497 capstone is very popular and very
valuable. It is limited enrollment and we can only take 12 students
in a class. If you are a senior, eligible for a capstone, and want to
be assured of
enrollment in this course, you should sign up in Room 201 McGuffey.
All senior special education majors and minors whose name is on the
list as of September 14 will be given top priority and others will be
accommodated depending on room. If you sign up on the list you should
register for EDP 497 for the Monday/Wednesday evening.

EDP 496 FOR SPRING 2002
        Many of you checked the EDP schedule for Spring 2001 which is
posted in 201 McGuffey. Some noticed a conflict with the
Monday/Wednesday 497.  EDP 496 has been changed to meet 11-12 MWF
instead of Wednesday night.

Don't Forget
        Right now, please scroll to the top of this message, press
reply, and complete the information requested in the first item for
this SPEDNET. Then press send.

Hope classes are off to a good start for everyone.

----------------------------- Alex Thomas Educational Psychology Miami University 201 McGuffey Hall Oxford, OH 45056 (513) 529-6632-Office (513) 529-3646-Fax [log in to unmask]