ACM Archives

May 2014

ACM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kyle Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2014 23:40:18 -0400
Hey guys, here’s a quick message from Dr Karro:

> For those of you who were at the emacs tutorial the other week, I've just stumbled on this article entitled "The Oldest Software Rivalry in Computing" -- an interesting read about the Battle of the Editors.
>
> I will say that I was completely unaware that Vi was created by Bill Joy -- a force behind Java.  Anyone who has taken a class from me can then quickly conclude that this only strengthens my feelings regarding Vi.

You should definitely read the article when you have time, I found it pretty interesting.

Also, for those of you who will be returning next year, you should try to learn either Emacs or Vim over the summer. Let’s see who is the best at their respective editor in the fall.

Kyle