ACM Archives

October 2014

ACM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kyle Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:40:14 -0400
Tomorrow we will be covering Git, one of the most popular version control tools and the backbone to the immensely popular GitHub.

This workshop will require very little prerequisite knowledge and will be very useful for everyone from freshmen to seniors. Even non-CS majors can benefit a lot from this workshop - last year we even had Supply Chain majors.

Git is used for thousands of projects such as jQuery, LibreOffice, and Linux (which it was actually designed for). In addition to open source projects, Git is used at nearly every software development company.

I can’t emphasize this workshop enough - it is by far the most useful workshop we have had so far.

The workshop will be in BEN 010 at 7pm.

Because this workshop will likely have more people than usual, I would appreciate it if people responded to this email and let me know if they will be in attendance. This will help make sure we have enough food and seats. If possible, please bring your own laptops.

See you all tomorrow,

Kyle Rogers