ADHS Archives

June 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:31:16 -0500
Dear ATHG subscribers:

A brochure from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation recently fell into my lap.
It calls for second-round proposals for "research and evaluation projects that
will produce policy-relevant information about ways to reduce the harm caused by
the use of tobacco, alcohol, and illegal drugs in the United States."

In the list of first-round grants, there are three projects specifically about
alcohol, with one of them looking like a historical study of alcohol policy
development in the U.S.  Two of these grants went to university-affiliated
medical or health-sciences centers.  The three grants I'm looking at were for
$94,970, $250,842 and $349,626.  Sounds out of my league, but I thought some
members of the list might want to know about this opportunity.

The deadline for "letters of intent" is July 15, 1996.  The address on the back
of the brochure is:

The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Route 1 and College Road East
P.O. Box 2316