ADHS Archives

February 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 19:16:39 -0900
Fred--
I am interested in the history of treatment. Unlike you, however,
I have no theories to offer. I have done a limited history of the
treatment history of fairbanks and that was interesting, indeed.
I imagine the place to start would be with Gov't agencies because,
traditions indicate that treatment must have begun with grants. I
Know that Dr. Silkworth of AA Fame wrote some but I have no idea
where to look for his work either.
        I am also interested in the social history of CD. I have been
working and living among the Northern Native Americans for over twenty
years. It strikes me that much could be done in that arena also. Once
again, I strongly recommend "Yuuyaraq: The Way of the Human Being"
by Harold Napoleon published by the Center for Cross-Cultural Studies
and the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Thanks to all,
Guy Patterson, Fairbanks